Thursday, February 1, 2018

healing view

dated 15 September 2018, 2.5 months after breaking the cuboid bone in my left foot

My foot, which seemed to have been improving, has lagged significantly the past two days. It's been grousing more and capable of less.

In body meditation today, my body informed me that it is fighting a war on two fronts right now. I'm fighting a cold as well as healing my foot. My body is diverting energy from my foot to deal with the virus. 

In healing my foot, there seems to be a regular cycle of pushing it a little, having it seem fine, and then having to scale back for a few days to give the body a chance to do a little remodeling. It feels like healing the foot depends on a little regular motion and weight-bearing to sculpt off the rough bits and show where the foot needs to  bend and bear weight. Take the foot out for a test drive and then tinker with it for a few days.

The last push was hard (full-on walking, on two feet with no crutches for half and then two-thirds my waking hours. This put significant wear and tear on my foot. The subsequent repair-and-revision phase will take a few days.

No comments: